Bell Tower in Chapel Hill

When I visited my grandfather when I was little, he had a mechanical clock which would make sound on the hour and half hour. If it was at 3 o'clock, it would make "Dong" 3 times. I was extremely fascinated by that. At night while everyone was sleeping, I would wake up and counted the number of "Dong". It was really one of my childhood dreams to get a clock like that. Many years later, we found that clocks like that were not too expensive at all. So, we told ourselves that we would get one sooner or later. Then, we saw this Bell Tower in the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus. The Bell Tower does what our dream clock does and more. It is huge and it can even play some music. That is no way we can own a clock like the Bell Tower. After we get older, we finally realize that there is no reason to own everything nice out there as long as we cherish and enjoy it. So, every time I walk by the Bell Tower, I look up and have a smile on my face.

This picture was taken on 24th January 2007 when we walked by it. The sun was shining from a good angle. Trees with no leaves were not blocking the view. We were simply lucky to find a nice angle for a nice photo of the Bell Tower. Unfortunately, this picture does not do "Dong" at all.

No comments: